Attention ALL 5th Graders! Do you crave more Engineering?
Then I have a club for you! Join TSA for the 2016-2017 school year!
The Technology Student Association (TSA) is a national, non-profit organization for students with a strong interest in technology, open only to 5th-12th graders. Students earn the chance to apply their knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through higher-level activities, competitive events and related programs throughout the year. Members will compete within Ballard’s TSA Organization during meetings, the District TSA Competition in December, and the Water Tower Competition later in the year. Opportunities for other competitions may also be available throughout the year.
Requirements (This is what you need if you want to join TSA):
- Student must be a 5th Grader and submit an application signed by his/her teacher and parent.
- Student must maintain a “B” average or above in class and have NO behavior issues.
- Cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences from the scheduled TSA meetings.
- (Meetings will be held every Monday morning from 7:50 – 8:25 in the STEM Lab.)
- Cost is $25.00 for the school year.
- This pays for your entrance to 2 TSA Competitions, a TSA T-Shirt, button, lunch, trophies, ribbons, medals, prizes, and consumable materials for the year.
Still think you want to join TSA? See Mrs. Roberts for an application today! (All applications for consideration in Ballard’s TSA Team must be returned to Mrs. Roberts by Friday, September, 16, 2016!